I would rather hang myself than seek assistance over missing girls – Uganda’s President Museveni ridicules Jonathan

Uganda President Yoweri Museveni

During a campaign rally of the National Resistance Movement party Museveni said:
“I have never called the United Nations to guard your security. Me, Yoweri Museveni to say that I have failed to protect my people and I call in the UN….
I would rather hang myself. We prioritized national security by developing a strong army otherwise our Uganda would be like DRC, South Sudan, Somalia or Nigeria where militias have disappeared with school children.
It would be a vote of no confidence to our country and citizens if we can’t guarantee our security, what kind of persons would we be?”
This is not the first time when the Nigerian president and Nigerians are blamed for the widespread instability and insecurity in the country. Earlier one more African leader, Robert Mugabe, labelled the country and her citizens as corrupt saying that Zimbabweans are now almost behaving like Nigerians who have to be corruptly paid for every service.

On April 15 Boko Haram have kidnapped nearly 300 students from the dormitories of the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok, Borno State. And as the situation with the abducted girls was not changing for the better Nigeria’s president appealed for international help to find, and ensure the release of the children.

At least 7 countries agreed to send experts to Nigeria to assist in the search for the students, among them are USA, UK, France, China, Canada, Iran and Israel

0 comments:

Post a Comment